Fossil specimens for Budding collectors and Educators
We feature genuine 40 million year old insects in polished honey colored amber as seen in Jurassic Park and the Lost World. Most of our amber insect inclusions are from the La Toca or Palo Quemado mine areas in the Dominican Republic. Estimated age is 25-40 million years old. We guarantee that all our fossils are genuine. We appreciate the utility of our bugs to the educational community and have put together several packages for use in the classroom. All of these come with copies of our informative foldout: "The Story of Amber."
Use our easy order shopping cart (see FAQ for details); purchase any item with the button. And you can always
- Great deals for kids and educators!
- 5 samples for $40 (see typical selection)
- 5 $30 samples for $125! All specimens w/great visibility -see typical selection - order here and we'll select your samples --
- or take a look at these groupings specifically.
All the above have genuine recognizeable insect inclusions worthy of any professional collection and come with our educational pamphlet.
- For educators, we will assemble educational packs for a typical class of 25.
- a $125 basic pack with samples and pamphlets for all the kids (based on 25 students).
- an enhanced $225 pack with extra samples for the kids and good samples for permanent display. Additional kids samples can be ordered above for $5.00.
- Or we can customize a package for your needs. Please Inquire.
- Our basic specimens have visible insects but with irregular placement.
They are $15 each or 5 for $65.
- Our fine specimens are better insects that have good placement in the amber.
They are $30 each or 5 for $125.
- We now offer fantastic carvings made from fossilized mammoth and walrus ivory.
- New neat bugs from the Baltic. These are hard to come by so take advantage now. Take a look!
$20 each , 5 for $75 , 10 for $100.
- Collector specimens are also available and are well priced.
Remember, all our specimens come with our educational fold out pamphlet, suitable for children, that tells the story, very simply, of how insects come to be trapped in amber. This makes one of our samples the PERFECT educational gift for kids of all ages.
PLease look over our informative site; you may want to learn more about amber and its inclusions, its characteristics, its use over the centuries and where to find more online resources. Or just contact us with your questions or requests.
The Amber Lady Inc.
P.O. Box 38109
Baltimore, Maryland 21231
Voice: 410-342-1832 Fax: 410-675-7565